Songs to subject you to: A-D ...

Lisa writes: Tom gave me an iPod Nano for Christmas three years ago. I played with it a lot at first, then discovered I'm just not the kind of girl who walks around with white ear buds in all day long. For one thing, I live in the suburbs. We don't walk. We drive. And cars have radios, which are basically just great, big iPods with gas tanks.

But I found the iPod again a couple of days ago and have been playing it in the car. (Not with the ear buds; I have an adaptor-thing for the radio.) It's been so long since I dug out any of my CDs that it was one little fresh thrill of delight after another to rediscover the music that I loved enough to buy in the first place.

Songs that delight me:

Luka Bloom, "You Couldn't Have Come at a Better Time"

Til Tuesday, "Coming Up Close"

Utah Phillips, mixed by Ani DiFranco, "Heroes"

Barenaked Ladies, "If I Had $1,000,000"

The Beautiful South, "Dream a Little Dream"

Belly, "Gepetto"

Big Head Todd and the Monsters, "Bittersweet"

Dar Williams, "Iowa" (Tom is singing along to this one right now.)

ADDENDUM: My links didn't work the way I thought they would and anybody who tried to click on them was subjected to same awful Moldy Peaches song, over and over again. (Moldy Peaches. That's the name of the band. Truth in advertising.) It's better now. And if you really want to hear the Moldy Peaches song, it's here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the new music ideas! (So glad I have a $5 credit for Amazon MP3 downloads!) I love Luka Bloom. Of course, BNL is awesome!! (Have you seen them in concert? They are better live than on the CDs.) Can't wait for your next installment.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein