Songs to subject you to: J - M

Johnny Clegg and Savuka, "Dela (I Think I Know Why the Dog Howls at the Moon)"

Juan Luis Guerra, "Ojala Que Llueva Cafe"

Kirsty MacColl & The Pogues, "Miss Otis Regrets / Just One of Those Things"

Lone Justice, "After the Flood"

Lyle Lovett, "Don't Touch My Hat"

Maria McKee, EVERYTHING. I'll listen to all of it, over and over.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE The Pogues! (Though Shane McGowan's teeth give me nightmares...Seriously, I think he's made enough money to do something about that trainwreck of a mouth..) "Fairytale of New York" is a great Kirsty MacColl/Pogues song. Very sad.

Lyle Lovett is pretty much a musical genius. I have "Live In Texas." "Here I Am" and "If I Had A Boat" are two of my favorites, though you gotta love "She's No Lady, She's My Wife." :)

Keep those songs coming! I've been on the hunt for new music...either new artists or off the wall songs by well known artists. (I just downloaded "Wuthering Heights" by Pat Benatar. I couldn't bring myself to get the Kate Bush version. There was just something about her voice in that song that set my teeth on edge. Usually I like her, but not this time.)
Lisa said…
I have "Wuthering Heights" on a B-side of the 45 for "Running Up That Hill." I luuuuurv it and will sing it loud while cleaning. "Heathcliff! It's me! Your Cathy! I've come home, man." What tortures me to to try to watch the video of her doing an interpretive dance to the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein