Catmulls

Lisa writes: My mom sent us this picture last week. It's my grandfather, Rex (far left), and his siblings Merlin, Bernice, and Dorsal. Rex, Merline, and Bernice have passed away. Uncle Dorsal just turned 90. My mother, Rexene, is named after her dad.

(It only just now occurred to me that if the name-the-first-daughter-after-the-dad tradition had caught on, I'd be Royina. Thanks Mom and Dad!)

Comments

Jamie said…
I am named after my dad (James/ Jamie) and my mom is named after hers (Bill/ Bilynda--she goes by Lyndi)...I had nowhere to go with Richard, so Addie is Addie after his Gram. Lisa, I think you'd have made a lovely Royanne. Or even Royal--Royal Robbins!
Lisa said…
My dad's name is Roy L. Robbins. For serious. When he gives it over the phone, people will sometimes write "Royal Robbins." My parents named one of their alpacas Royal. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein