Dancing with Lisa's parents

Lisa's mom wrote: Dad and I just got back from teaching the Young Women/Young Men the cha cha and swing !
We had over 40 people dancing with us, from age 12 to 18, along with all the adult
leaders. It turned out so well. Dad had videos from Donny and Shannon on a big screen as an attention getting as they sat on the gym floor. Donny's "pretzel" was what Dad taught. The slow clips of Donny teaching us helped a lot.
Dad had a wireless microphone for each of us to clip on as we taught our different steps and routines. I taught the basic cha cha and swing step with a few open moves and turns. Those kids were so cooperative and wanted to learn. We ended with our "Wedding Cha Cha" and they cheered for us. They didn't know we left out a part. I guess we will have to do it for the ward variety show next month so we can polish it again.
I was dancing blind tonight after getting my eyes dilated this afternoon at my pre-exam for Lasik April 6th. It all worked out and the kids were in groups talking about dance after the closing prayers. Three leaders want us to do this again. So in a couple of months - I will bring a camera next time. It was a great experience for us all.
Keep on Dancin'
Love, Mom
Comments