Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Hardware

Lisa writes: I have a few opinions. And they're controversial opinions, too. You ready?

Opinion #1: I think brushed nickel is a fad.

Opinion #2: I think granite countertops are a fad.

Opinion #3: I think the reason nobody in your family ever puts a new roll of toilet paper out when they finish the old one is because of how badly designed the conventional toilet paper holder is. Think about it: the conventional design almost requires three hands to swap out a roll.

So, having said all that, here's what we're thinking about bathroom fixtures.

Toilet paper roll: Vertical or horizontal? What do you think?


Light fixture: Basically this, but with three bulbs.
Sink faucet: This. (Click to enbiggen.)

Same thing again, but with my speckled hand in there for perspective.

Shower hardware: Same style. Looks like a regular showerhead and single-knob control. I'll spare you the pic. You're a busy person.

Comments

Lois said…
Horizontal, definitely.
Harmony said…
We went with horizontal, because my husband is of the same opinion as #3. The rest of your choices look great too, IMHO.
Elias said…
granite counter tops are totally a fad. In 10 years, people will be ripping them out!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein