Habitat ReStore

Lisa writes: If you find yourself needing to dispose of a seafoam green sink and toilet, instead of a trip to the dump may I recommend a trip to your nearest Habitat for Humanity ReStore? These stores function like a "Goodwill" for building materials: instead of paying the dump to take your stuff, the ReStore will take it for free and you'll get a tax credit. Also, your stuff will get reused by somebody who will love and appreciate it for all of its green seafoaminess.

Comments

Harmony said…
I have to admit I'm really curious about the shelf life of seafoam green bathroom fixtures. Will they still be there if you go back and check in a month? Three months? A year? Then again, if you put them out on the street with a "free" sign on them, they would probably be gone by the next morning!
Lisa said…
Next time I drive by there, I'm definitely going to check.

(It reminds me of the time the stray cat my roommates were feeding had kittens and we waited until they were 8 weeks old then caught them and gave them to the pet store. We knew it was the right thing to do, but we were so sad. We checked the store every day to make sure they all got homes, and they did within the week!)
Holly said…
Who knew? Although, I really, really would like to see who on earth buys something that is seafoam green --I want a candid look at the person who thinks this is a treasure from heaven and is willing to invest his money in it. And then I want to see the place where they are going to put it. Can't you stick hidden cameras on the merchandise?
Lisa said…
Holly, you are funny. That would be some interesting video. Kind of like the "critter cams" they attach to sea lions.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein