Lisa parents go to Salt Lake City

Lisa's mom writes: On Wed. June 30th my life-time Clearfield, Utah friends met at the Lion House in SLC for lunch. (left to right) ReNae, Rexene, Nancy, Sharon

ReNae Chandler Hulse next to me. We had not seen each other for 44 years. Her daddy owned "REXALL Drug Store" in town. One of the nicknames I got in elementary school beside "Tryannosaurus Rex" was "REXALL Drug." The Chandlers were a great family. Sister Hulse is serving a mission in Salt Lake City. (Senior missionaries can do lunch).

Dear Nancy Jones Rutledge and I were in second grade together.

Sharon Nauta Steele has always kept me close to home from the time I left Utah in 1978. We all graduated from Clearfield High in 1966.

My wonderful cousin, Dorsey Geockeritz Ford (light blue top), also was able to take her lunch hour from the Church History building to join us. I give Dorsey credit for writing our CHS school song (she did have a few helpers). She has amazing musical
talent. (I was so fun having my cousin in the same town growing up).

Thank you Sharon, Nancy, ReNae and Dorsey for coming and Sharon for spending the whole day with me while Roy had his conference. I had a lot more fun than he did!

Roy's cousin, our "Aunt Juanita" was 10 minutes away in Bountiful. She is my dear friend too. Her mom, Helen Robbins, was our second mom through Roy and my dating years and as a young married couple with our Lisa and Lori. Juanita and I are "birthday girls." Her birthday is June 21st and mine is June 23rd.


Our tradition with Juanita is to take her to near by Nielsens for frozen custard! And she introduced us to a grilled cheese sandwich with onions. We love the raspberry custard or vanilla with hot fudge and chopped almonds. Juanita is amazing. This was her 88th birthday. She is such a joy to the family and a friend to all.


Comments

Jamie said…
your mom is a rockstar, Lisa. her hair is always fabulous.

also, we love nielson's frozen custard and go there when visiting our cousins who live up the hill by the temple.

goo utah times!
Jamie said…
er, GOOD Utah times, I meant.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein