Quilts: Babies Emma and Darcy



Lisa writes: I don't think anybody from either of these families reads this site, so I'll fess up -- these quilt tops were made from pieces of a king-sized quilt top I made, but never quilted, about six years ago. I cut it into baby-quilt sized pieces and appliqued the babies' names in the same fuzzy red fabric that's on the back. The pattern was called "Fence Rail" or "Window Pane" or something, but my choice of the gradiated white-to-black fabrics makes it look more like "Nazi." Argh. Anyway, I very much doubt either quilt will match whatever baby room decor their parents have come up with. I'd describe this look as sort of "101 Dalmations Go To Las Vegas [Where They Inadvertently Run Into the Hitler Youth]."

P.S. I have a bunch of fabric left. Next quilt goes to the first person to name their kid Heathcliff.

Comments

Heidi Totten said…
What if I get a fish and name it Heathcliff? Fish need quilts.
Elias said…
you're so hilarious, Pretty. And the quilts are awesome!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein