Who wants to see pictures of the house?

I'm nosy about houses. I just want to know what they look like behind those closed doors. So, projecting wildly, I can only assume that you all want to know what our Mérida house looks like.

Here's the realtor listing: Casa Chukum (scroll down for pics)

And here's some color commentary:

  • 3 words: Wide. Angle. Lens. Nothing is quite as big as it looks in these pictures, especially the courtyard and pool. They're nice, no complaints, but the pool is about 10x10 and 4 feet deep.
  • The first room, the one with the glass desk in it, has a wall to wall skylight above the plants. This is nice for the plants, but it effectively turns the room into a greenhouse. This is also the guest room. You've been warned. 😈
  • I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall. Standing in the kitchen, the lowest shelf is at eye level. That means the middle shelf is strictly Tom's domain and the top shelf is purely aspirational.
  • The closets and bathrooms really are that big. We travelled down here with 4 suitcases and 4 backpacks and at least 20 lbs of our luggage was Legos. The tragic irony of finally having all the closet space I could possibly want ... and only owning 5 pairs of pants.
  • The best and funniest thing about this house is hard to see in the pictures. Let's see if I can MS Paint the picture for you:
This is the shower in the main bathroom. That showerhead is 8 feet high. Nice, huh? Suffers from the same greenhouse problem as the guest room, but the plants are happy and you can pretend like you're in the jungle. 


This is the view from the pool. Anybody detect the subtle design flaw here? 


I mean, depending on your level of shyness, maybe it's not a flaw.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow!! What a house!!! Do you need A/C? (Have A/C?)
Andrew Williams said…
Wow! With a house like that one, you might never come back!
Lisa said…
Yes and OH HECK yes. There's an AC unit in every room. We have them all set to 26 degrees Celcius which ... I don't know what temperature that actually is but it's much cooler than outside.
Lisa said…
It's nice and we're enjoying it, but it will be good to be home in a year. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein