Our week without Tom

Tom was in Virginia for the past week for a school conference. With the help of much-relaxed screentime rules, the boys and I survived just fine. Here are some random things that happened.

It was time for the annual inspection of our four A/C units. They guys pulled them apart, hosed them down in the carport, and put them back together again with a shot of air freshener that smelled an awful lot like Old Spice.



For the Wednesday evening Primary activity, the heroic ladies of the Primary organized a game night. They played Twister, Memory, jump rope, and something that looked like beer pong. Joseph enjoyed it.



Below, the little guy in front in the yellow shirt is Bruno. He's three and the Primary president's son. He is funny and feral and pretty much a ward legend.


We're still deciding on a secondary school for James next year. He took the Rogers entrance exam on Wednesday. It was two hours long! Joseph and I hung out in the outdoor hallway and he let me do his hair (for about 5 seconds).


In the evenings, we watched the Apollo 11 and Apollo 13 movies. Here's a picture of what Joseph was playing during church on Sunday. This astronaut seems worried.


It's hard to fill those slow Sunday afternoons. Joseph made his own Nutella sandwich with his own particular flair.


James broke an apple in half with his bare hands.


Joseph designed, and I drew, his own custom Marshmello uniform. Marshmello is a DJ and music producer. Joseph likes his songs. 



Tom was gone but, in the evening, we still went to Mass and sent him a proof-of-life.


The boys' interests side-by-side.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein