Parque Las Americas

[Existential crisis question: What am I going to do with my life when there's nobody to schedule playdates for?]

We went on a play date at Parque Las Americas. I've driven by this park before but never gone in. It has a track for little kids to ride bikes and scooters and a bunch of playground equipment, and across the street is an amphitheater with a sunken seating area that was occupied by a bunch of kids participating in a clown show. It seemed to be (1) not an officially sanctioned performance because there was no signage or anything on the website and (2) a regularly occurring event because a ton of people were there waiting for it to start before it got started. Also, the clown was passing the hat afterwards for donations. I heard on the radio the other day that the president is trying to encourage classless payments to better track the movement of money in the country to, presumably, be able to tax it. The article said that about 25% of the economy is "unofficial," i.e. off the books, under the table, etc. (As compared to about 10% of the U.S. economy.) In Mexico, everybody has a side gig going. You gotta admire the hustle.

Multicolored dog we saw.

Clown show. The guy was actually really good. He had the kids rolling.




Our play date buddy, Santiago.


Library in the neo-Maya architectural style.




Ran into another buddy on our way back to the car, Nico.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein