Soccer and more soccer

Today was all soccer, all day. We started off at the Copa Yucatán tournament, where the Quetzales lost a game and won a game, but didn't make enough goals to get through to the third round. They were all pretty cheerful about it, thought.


It was a three-event and, I confess, I wasn't sorry to miss the third day.


And then in the evening, the church youth groups from the whole region got together for a sports and games night. Our little soccer team got clobbered by two other teams and also didn't make it through to the third round, but they left with a cupful of gummy bears from the snack table, so they were happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein