Care and feeding

Lisa writes: Tom is doing well. He didn't take any pain meds for about 18 hours yesterday because nothing was hurting. And it probably would have continued to not hurt if I hadn't decided it would be fun to tickle-wrestle him out of his afternoon nap. Don't know my own strength.

What has been fun is having visitors come over. Little hermits that we are, we actually do enjoy visitors and we've had more of them in the past five days than we've ever had. They come bearing good humor and gifts: cakes, balloons, flowers and plants, and DVDs to borrow. Every morning, I set Tom up in his "nest" in the living room surrounded by his ice chest, continuous motion machine, laptop, printer, cell phone and Blackberry, water bottle, snack bars, pain killers, LCD projector, speakers, and favorite blankies. It's kind of like tending a high-tech puppy now that I think about it. Anyway, he can then use the laptop and projector to watch movies on the wall, and we usually get in one more movie when I get home. Up until now, we've only had the 2-movies-per-month deal with Netflix, and even then sometimes struggled to watch them both. Now, it's movie-rama at our house.

His first follow-up appointment is this afternoon, and then he starts physical therapy next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein