Pantsless

Lisa writes: Tom is feeling good. The secret of happiness is to split the Percocets into quarters and take one with food every hour for four hours in a row, rather than take one big one every six hours. Why does this make you happy? Because then you don't barf. And not barfing makes everybody happy.

Today is Saturday and tomorrow is Sunday, and around here Sunday means church church and more church. So we've got a quandary: Tom is feeling good enough to go to church, but he's got this big foam & plastic brace around his leg. His leg is too fat to put pants on. He's got one pair of baggy PJ pants he can wear, or gym shorts. What to do?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Take the day off! God is forgiving.
Glad to hear that Tom is on the mend and that you're taking good care of him. I bet that he's a better patient than John was when he had surgery a few years ago...
kimbo said…
My bishop told me to stay home last Sunday because Claire had just had surgery... But if Tom does make it to part or all of your Sunday worship services, I vote for the baggy pj pants! :)
Holly said…
Baggy PJ Pants are my vote. I can't help but think how nice it would be to have an excuse to wear nice baggy PJ's to church, instead of tight nylons. However, I am not willing to do the surgery thing in order to wear the baggy pjs(even though I probably need it--my knee is a mess and I am avoiding making an appt.) Tom, I hope you recover quickly, and don't get too sick on the meds!

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein