Happy Birthday to Me

Lisa writes: Little sister Debbie in Missouri made me a birthday card. This was digitally printed like a photograph, then mailed as a postcard. Click to enlarge. Cute, huh?

P.S. On my mission in the Dominican Republic (in 1992-93), we thought we were hot stuff because we had fax machines.

Comments

Chalene said…
During my mission in the DR, we still just had fax machines (97-99), but I will point out the number one difference in American culture when I got home: websites now included in advertisements. (That literally happened while I was gone).
Lisa said…
The two biggest things that happened while I was gone were (1) Barney the purple dinosaur appeared out of nowhere and ate the brains of all American children, and (2) somebody invented "political correctness." Didn't exist before I left.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein