Christi's accidental Christmas letter
Christi writes: I had every intention of getting a Christmas letter out this year ... but at this rate it would be more of a Valentine's note. So, at the risk of looking like a dork ... I'm forwarding on my mother's Christmas letter ... hey, we're in it :) I figure if you're still my friend after all my past "dork" moments ... then you're friends no matter what. So, thank you for your unconditional friendship and for always turning around before your eyes rolled to the back of your head... Your thoughtfulness has never gone unnoticed.
Okay seriously, I really am forwarding my mom's Christmas letter, I really feel like a dork, but I'll get over it so I'm assuming you will, too. This has been an interesting year for us. Tim has been unable to replace the job he lost in August 2007. So, after exploring various career paths, I think we're finally on the right one. He's on the road to becoming a Firefighter (every boy's dream, right?). He's volunteering with the Fire Department and going through the Fire Academy, as well as going to school full-time to get his Bachelor's in "Fire Science Management." By this Fall he should have enough certifications to be a PAID fireman...yeah! He was also recently called into Young Men's. He's over the 14/15 year olds. I was looking over their upcoming outings and all I have to say is I got gypped ... I never got to go on mountain biking or real backpacking and survival trips. The only survival skills I learned in YW was how to make corn bread, braid hair and how to make pieces of fruit remain magically suspended in green Jell-o. How do I sign up for Young Men's?
The kids are doing very well. They're in a very tough school, but they're doing great. Madison switched over to "Power Tumbling" this year thinking it would be much easier (i.e. less conditioning) than gymnastics, not realizing that it involved multiple death defying flips at high speeds on very highly charged trampolines. I think she's questioning her choice, but she'll be competing next month :) Breanna, Taylor and Christian are still doing competitive gymnastics and doing awesome. Christian also had his first piano recital this month. The best part about him taking lessons is that I've noticed the girls gravitate to the piano now. There may still be hope yet. It's great having a neighborhood of kids to play with and having such great neighbors. Logan was a good move for us. And, the kids are very excited to see both sets of grandparents here over the holidays.
Kodi & Scout (the dogs) are our backyard entertainment and we are their glass door reality show. They're fun and I'm pretty sure they think we're just weird. But, they love us just the same.
Me...well, I'm still working and very excited to see Tim finish school. The girls and I joined the choir this year and much to my surprise I think they actually like it. Hmm ... as I'm sitting here thinking back on the year...I've got some major New Year's resolutions to make. I didn't compete in any races, go on any exotic trips, knock anything of my "someday" list ... boy, I've got my work cut out for me next year. This year has been a bit of a survival year. We survived. I'm looking forward to a "recovery" year :) Stay posted for next year's Christmas letter ... it'll be a doozy!
Hey ... I just wrote our Christmas letter! I did accomplish something this year ... I feel better already. I have been so blessed and love this time of year to really reflect on where those blessings come from. Thanks for being one of those blessings and may your next Christmas letter be a doozy :)
Love,
Christi and the Gang
P.S. I'm still attaching Mom's Christmas letter. (Click to enlarge)
Okay seriously, I really am forwarding my mom's Christmas letter, I really feel like a dork, but I'll get over it so I'm assuming you will, too. This has been an interesting year for us. Tim has been unable to replace the job he lost in August 2007. So, after exploring various career paths, I think we're finally on the right one. He's on the road to becoming a Firefighter (every boy's dream, right?). He's volunteering with the Fire Department and going through the Fire Academy, as well as going to school full-time to get his Bachelor's in "Fire Science Management." By this Fall he should have enough certifications to be a PAID fireman...yeah! He was also recently called into Young Men's. He's over the 14/15 year olds. I was looking over their upcoming outings and all I have to say is I got gypped ... I never got to go on mountain biking or real backpacking and survival trips. The only survival skills I learned in YW was how to make corn bread, braid hair and how to make pieces of fruit remain magically suspended in green Jell-o. How do I sign up for Young Men's?
The kids are doing very well. They're in a very tough school, but they're doing great. Madison switched over to "Power Tumbling" this year thinking it would be much easier (i.e. less conditioning) than gymnastics, not realizing that it involved multiple death defying flips at high speeds on very highly charged trampolines. I think she's questioning her choice, but she'll be competing next month :) Breanna, Taylor and Christian are still doing competitive gymnastics and doing awesome. Christian also had his first piano recital this month. The best part about him taking lessons is that I've noticed the girls gravitate to the piano now. There may still be hope yet. It's great having a neighborhood of kids to play with and having such great neighbors. Logan was a good move for us. And, the kids are very excited to see both sets of grandparents here over the holidays.
Kodi & Scout (the dogs) are our backyard entertainment and we are their glass door reality show. They're fun and I'm pretty sure they think we're just weird. But, they love us just the same.
Me...well, I'm still working and very excited to see Tim finish school. The girls and I joined the choir this year and much to my surprise I think they actually like it. Hmm ... as I'm sitting here thinking back on the year...I've got some major New Year's resolutions to make. I didn't compete in any races, go on any exotic trips, knock anything of my "someday" list ... boy, I've got my work cut out for me next year. This year has been a bit of a survival year. We survived. I'm looking forward to a "recovery" year :) Stay posted for next year's Christmas letter ... it'll be a doozy!
Hey ... I just wrote our Christmas letter! I did accomplish something this year ... I feel better already. I have been so blessed and love this time of year to really reflect on where those blessings come from. Thanks for being one of those blessings and may your next Christmas letter be a doozy :)
Love,
Christi and the Gang
P.S. I'm still attaching Mom's Christmas letter. (Click to enlarge)
Comments