Christmas on the prairie

Lisa writes: Home all alone while Tom is at a funeral in Phoenix. I feel like the mom from Little House on the Prairie when Pa was gone. Got the tree up. Wrassled that sucker out of the trunk and into the house all by myself, dropping pine needles all the way. Turned out the trunk was too fat to fit in the tree stand, so I whacked off some chunks with the hacksaw. Strung some lights. Put the electric candles in the windows. Wound two strings of colored lights around the columns by the front door. Hung wreaths under the two front windows. Made cookies. Watched it snow.

In those books, it was a big deal if they got an orange and a sugar cookie in their stocking. I like oranges. I like sugar cookies. I could handle it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein