Letter from Lori
Lisa writes: Family letter from Lori.
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHRISTIAN! Hope you had a fun birthday. Your birthday card should be there by today or tomorrow. We love you! Lots of mushy hugs and kisses OOXXOOXX
Ava had her first piano recital last night at her piano teacher’s home. Ava did great! She told the audience the songs she would be playing and then sat and played with confidence, giving a little bow at the end. We were very proud of her. She looked so pretty too! J She had on her red Christmas dress and I had painted her nails to match. Benjamin and Cameron both managed to sit and listen politely without digging into the refreshments until afterwards. Good job boys!


Cameron was up early and actually excited to get to school. Apparently he gets to do the morning announcements over the intercom system all week long! They pick “good readers” for this job and Cameron has been plowing through some really big books lately. He just finished the Peter and Starcatchers series which is a trilogy that tells the story of how Peter Pan came to be, and how he met Captain Hook. We met with Cameron’s teacher last week for parent-teacher conference and her only “concern” about Cameron was that he was sneaking books to read and having a hard time putting them away when they had to move on to other things. Hmmm, I didn’t feel too upset about that…a 10 year boy who is so engrossed in reading he can’t put the book down? I think I’ll let that one slide. He’s also been busy with projects. He and the neighborhood boys have spent hours whittling big, long sticks then sanding them…the plan is to make a bow and arrow. He and his Dad got the Christmas lights up this weekend. Cameron also designed his own Christmas decoration. He pounded nails into a wood board making them in the shape of a heart. Then he strung mini lights all around the heart. Finally, in big letters he wrote “We Love God.” (His own idea) This from the boy who isn’t ever really excited to go to church. He recently told David “I love God, but I don’t like boringness” (i.e. church is boring I guess).
Benjamin has found freedom. He can crawl in and out of his crib at will. I put him down for a nap the other day without any fuss, closed the door and went downstairs to clean. An hour later I went up to check on him because I’d heard a noise. He was sitting on the floor with his blanket and pacifier staring up at the TV (his room is the play room and we moved the little TV in there). When I came in he looked up, smiled and pointed at the TV “A show Mommy!” He had put in one of his favorite videos…and hadn’t slept a wink. Anyone know how to make a lid to go over his crib?
Thanks for letting me do “the Mom thing” and babble on about my kids. I love them. I’m really grateful they’re all good snugglers and like hugs and kisses still…it makes up for a lot. Love ya’ll, Lori
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHRISTIAN! Hope you had a fun birthday. Your birthday card should be there by today or tomorrow. We love you! Lots of mushy hugs and kisses OOXXOOXX
Ava had her first piano recital last night at her piano teacher’s home. Ava did great! She told the audience the songs she would be playing and then sat and played with confidence, giving a little bow at the end. We were very proud of her. She looked so pretty too! J She had on her red Christmas dress and I had painted her nails to match. Benjamin and Cameron both managed to sit and listen politely without digging into the refreshments until afterwards. Good job boys!


Cameron was up early and actually excited to get to school. Apparently he gets to do the morning announcements over the intercom system all week long! They pick “good readers” for this job and Cameron has been plowing through some really big books lately. He just finished the Peter and Starcatchers series which is a trilogy that tells the story of how Peter Pan came to be, and how he met Captain Hook. We met with Cameron’s teacher last week for parent-teacher conference and her only “concern” about Cameron was that he was sneaking books to read and having a hard time putting them away when they had to move on to other things. Hmmm, I didn’t feel too upset about that…a 10 year boy who is so engrossed in reading he can’t put the book down? I think I’ll let that one slide. He’s also been busy with projects. He and the neighborhood boys have spent hours whittling big, long sticks then sanding them…the plan is to make a bow and arrow. He and his Dad got the Christmas lights up this weekend. Cameron also designed his own Christmas decoration. He pounded nails into a wood board making them in the shape of a heart. Then he strung mini lights all around the heart. Finally, in big letters he wrote “We Love God.” (His own idea) This from the boy who isn’t ever really excited to go to church. He recently told David “I love God, but I don’t like boringness” (i.e. church is boring I guess).
Benjamin has found freedom. He can crawl in and out of his crib at will. I put him down for a nap the other day without any fuss, closed the door and went downstairs to clean. An hour later I went up to check on him because I’d heard a noise. He was sitting on the floor with his blanket and pacifier staring up at the TV (his room is the play room and we moved the little TV in there). When I came in he looked up, smiled and pointed at the TV “A show Mommy!” He had put in one of his favorite videos…and hadn’t slept a wink. Anyone know how to make a lid to go over his crib?
Thanks for letting me do “the Mom thing” and babble on about my kids. I love them. I’m really grateful they’re all good snugglers and like hugs and kisses still…it makes up for a lot. Love ya’ll, Lori
Comments