Christmas in Colorado: Family pics

Taylor, Dad, Evelyn, Mom, Madison
Ava, Cameron & Benjamin, Christian, Breanna

Lisa writes: The whole gang went to my parents' house in Colorado for Christmas. Twenty people drinking gallons and gallons of milk every morning. We opened presents and went to the zoo and went to Chuck E. Cheese and the indoor rock climbing gym. We watched old home movies and decided the 70s weren't as bad as we remembered, but the 80s were much, much worse. We visited the Humane Society and went to church and a cousin's wedding reception. We fed the squirrels on the back porch. We played basketball in the driveway. We flew r.c. planes in the gym at the back of the chapel. The kids played with Dad's electric train. The kids broke Dad's electric train. Dad fixed his electric train and they played with it some more. Some of us went to Denver and Boulder and country dancing and Costco for more milk.

Taylor (Christi's, 11), Cameron (Lori's, 11), Madison (Christi's, 12)
Benjamin (Lori's, 3), Ava (Lori's, 8), Christian (Christi's, 8), Evelyn (Lori's, 2), Breanna (Christi's, 12)

Comments

Lois said…
Twenty family members under one roof?!? You must have one cooperative and thoughtful family to have made that work!!!

P.S. How many bathrooms are there??? :)
Lisa said…
3 1/2 baths. After the first night, one couple headed out with an air mattress to my parents' [currently unrented] condo a couple of blocks away, and another family of six checked into the Marriott. We all met up for meals at the house. It worked pretty well. In fact, by the fourth day or so, I'd say we were falling into a regular routine and I was sad to see it end. The big kid cousins were so good with the little kid cousins.
Lisa said…
I'm still thinking about whether we are "cooperative and thoughful." My first impulse is to say, "Nah, just well-trained." But maybe we are? I'll have to defer to an outside opinion.
Lois said…
I'm waiting for the next installment of photos, the ones that include the adult "kids". :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein