What looks like crazy on an ordinary day....
Lisa writes: Tom is a little psycho about emergency preparedness because it's his job. I'm a little psycho about emergency preparedness because it's my religion. Our basement looks like our own personal Costco. We buy oats in 55 lb bags and we have 100 gallons of potable water that we rotate every six months. That said, you'll understand why I fist-pumpingly endorse the following article in today's Popular Mechanics.
"If you're at the scene of a major disaster, it may be a long time before outside help arrives. But one person is sure to be there: you. And nobody cares more about helping you and your family in time of disaster than, well, you. So it makes sense for you to be prepared to take care of yourself—and look out for your neighbors—for some time afterward."
Comments
We buy most things when we realize we need them within the next five minutes. But today, bing sick of J's ongoing diaper rash I bought FOUR tubes of ointment, one for each level in the house plus the car and it feels like it's a whole basement full of butt paste!