Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Getting there...
Lisa writes: Current state of the bathroom:
Contractor insisted upon the 3" longer "comfort" oblong toilet seat. I wanted the rounder seat to save a little space am still not sure how this longer seat is more comfortable. Does anybody know why? If it's a delicate matter of the opposite sex, you don't have to say anything; just nod a little bit.
Contractor thought I'd made a mistake when I ordered the THREE soap dishes. Nope. No mistake. I have finally trained Tom on the difference between body soap and face wash. There's no going back.
Contractor really, really, really wanted to repeat that line of black pencil tile again higher up on the wall. I stuck to my guns. I am pleased.
Cabinet is in. Counter, sink, mirror, and light fixture are not.
Comments
2. The more corner shelves the better- more storage space. By the way, what do you use for body soap and face wash? We use one product- either 365 unscented glycerin bar or Kiss My Face olive oil bar for face and body in the shower.
3. The all-white shower surround (w/o the black pencil tile at the top) looks gorgeous!
4. You ended up going with one sink instead of two? A space issue, I'm guessing.
2. I like Lever for body and Dove for face, but I'm going to try an experiment. I've read that liquid soaps don't leave the soap scum that bar soaps do, so we're going to go all-liquid in the new shower for a while and see if it's true. In that case, I like Dove body wash and Cetaphil face wash. (I like glycerin bars, but they dissolve INSTANTLY.)
3. Thank you! I'm very, very, very pleased with the way it turned out. I'm happy I stood my ground -- Earl was really gunning for another line of black.
4. Yes, would have loved a double sink, but you have to have, at minimum, a 60 inch vanity. The biggest we could accommodate was 42 inches.