Tom's new idiot buzzer -- joy joy joy!

Lisa writes: Per the internet, somewhere around 1993 many auto manufacturers still considered the headlight idiot buzzer* to be optional equipment. Tom's 1993 Honda Accord was one of these cars, and over the past 17 years, Tom has developed a nice case of obsessive-compulsive disorder related to wondering whether he remembered to turn off his headlights. He's forgotten to do it (and drained the battery dead) just enough times to make him good and paranoid.

BUT NO MORE!

Now, thanks to the magical internet, Radio Shack, and $3.49, Tom is the proud owner of an idiot buzzer of this very own. If you need something like this for yourself, here are the instructions (scroll down the post by "liquidfusion") and here is the link to the part at Radio Shack. Takes all of five minutes to install and works like a charm.

I can't emphasize enough what a difference this crazy little thing makes in his day-to-day sanity. Wish we'd thought to do it years ago. Tom's only concern now is, "Where will the OCD manifest itself next?"

* You know what I mean. The thing that dings to remind you that you left your headlights on after you turn off the engine. This is Tom's name for it, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein