Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Progress

Lisa writes: You missed the pictures of the gaping hole in the wall straight through from the front door to our bedroom. You missed the pictures of the clouds of dust that magically made their way through closed doors to descend on everything (EVERYTHING) in the house as we pounded down the cement-and-chicken-wire backing behind the old tilework. You missed me making Tom choose between two dozen nearly identical shades of light blue ("This is important! You need to make a decision! I know it's midnight and Sherwin-Williams isn't even open -- just choose right now!") You missed the audio of all the bad words our contractor has said and will continue to say for a few more days. But here are some pictures for you: Our bathroom, right now, exactly as it appears. There is light at the end of this tunnel. Click for bigger pics.





Comments

Jared-n-Krystal said…
Finally, I get to see pictures!! It looks so good thus far. I can't wait to see the finished project. You did a great job deciding to tear down the closet, pick out tile and paint!! I am eager to see what the cabinets and mirror look like in the space.

Have you considered interior design...hee hee hee
Cunningham Blog said…
This is why I am looking for a turn-key ready house. I cannot imagine the stress!
Lisa said…
Krystal, YOU should be the one considering interior design. Seriously!

Oh Alica, Alicia, Alicia ... There's no such thing as a turn-key ready house! Every house is wrong, and all home maintenance and renovation are basically just tiny attempts at postponing entropy. That said, I look forward to you guys finally getting into a house, any house! Talk about stress!!!
Erin said…
I love that you're doing tile so much in the room. It looks so European/South American. Love it. And I think you got the right shade of blue.

I'm with you, Lisa, no house is turn-key, unless you just choose not to do anything in it while you're living there...

I'm totally done with house remodeling projects. So is Jim for a while.
Anonymous said…
Lisa and Tom -

It is looking so good! It love your choices. Great job!
Let Earl know I love his work, but get the toilet in for your extra company! We are home and I know what you mean about home ownership. Our remodel has been going on since 1992. Next is the more yard improvements.
Love you, Mom
Lois said…
Wow! A shower that you can actually move in!!! (Our master bath shower is TINY.)
I also love the blue walls.
Jamie said…
Lisa, that is the shade of blue I always choose--I call it "Periwinklish" but this time I going more "robinseggish" and this is huge cuz that great room is 14x40. I chose the color, now I gotta get the gumption to paint. The emotional scars from building one's own house run deep, so it's hard to even THINK about changing anything after putting 2500 man hours in on the dang place the first time around. I feel ya, sister.(but that is going to be a super awesome bathroom when you are done, and I covet that tile!)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein