Pants
Lisa writes: I tried on 29 pairs of pants yesterday. Girls will understand this. Guys will not. Guys can buy pants without even trying them on. "36x34? Okey dokey, I'll take them!" This does not work for women. I wish it did. The manufacturers of women's clothes assign random numbers (In the words of Dave Barry: "My wife wants to be an 8. I keep asking her, 'Eight what?'") and aren't even consistent about what the numbers mean. Socks have different sizing than shoes. Panties are different from pants. And one size 10 may fit totally differently than another size 10.
But that's not the point here. The point is that I spent two hours trying on 29 pairs of pants, and just as I got up to the cash register, the store went dark. The power went out in the whole block. So I left my cart full of pants and came home, but not before calling Tom to tell him that God just saved him $300.
But that's not the point here. The point is that I spent two hours trying on 29 pairs of pants, and just as I got up to the cash register, the store went dark. The power went out in the whole block. So I left my cart full of pants and came home, but not before calling Tom to tell him that God just saved him $300.
Comments
My question is, who are they making these pants for? I don't know one person that goes pants shopping with ease. Okay, maybe one- the one with the "boyish" figure (i.e. no hips).
Mmm. Maybe that's the answer to my question.