Because it's been a while since I posted a granola recipe

Lisa writes: I am wholeheartedly plagiarizing this recipe from my little sister. Christi is a dental hygienist, super model, professional hiker, patron saint of REIs everywhere, and mother of four. I know you're looking at this and thinking, "Olive oil?!" Just trust Christi.

"My favorite recipes are ones we make up." -- Christi

Whole Wheat Cookies

Mix the "wet" ingredients with mixer.
1 C. Honey
1/4 C. Olive Oil (extra light)
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla

In separate bowl mix "dry" ingredients.
1 3/4 C. Whole wheat flour
1 1/2 C. Rolled Oats (ground into flour...we use the blender)
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 C. Chocolate chips, or raisins, or craisins (whatever you like)

Combine "Wet" & "Dry" ingredients. Brush a little olive oil on baking pan. Bake @ 375 for 10 minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Would the recipe work with extra virgin olive oil? Maybe the taste would be too strong.
Lisa said…
Only one way to find out! And, believe me, chocolate chips hide a multitude of sins.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein