Nature is all right in its place, but it mustn't be allowed to make things untidy

Lisa writes: We were awakened at 2 a.m. by the sound of somebody swinging a cat around by its tail. Well, not really. But what would you think this was? I dealt with it the way I deal with most of nature. I turned on the front porch light and yelled, "Hey! Cut it out!" It worked. Nature knows not to mess with me at 2 a.m.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is that the actual sound that you heard? How did you record it?
Lisa said…
No, I found the sound file on another website. But that was exactly the same noise this critter was making, only ours was a lot closer and louder! It sounded like it was standing right outside the window.
Anonymous said…
They use that noise in creepy British mysteries. I've always wondered what that was. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

PS - Another tidbit on untidy nature ... according to my summer school bio professor, January and February are breeding times for skunks. Which is why you see and SMELL so many dead skunks this time of year. (Apparently the breeding imperative supersedes the "watch out for the car" instinct.) In the 11 miles from my house to the riding center, I passed 5 dead skunks the other morning. Eeewww!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein