Home Sweet Home Depot


Lisa writes: What you're looking at here is the world's most brilliant 4-year old birthday present. A giant, kid-can-actually-get-inside-and-play-in-it, Tinker Toy set. To create this brilliance, just go to the hardware store, buy some 1/2 or 3/4 inch PVC, ask the dudes to cut the 10 foot lengths into 1 or 2 foot lengths, and buy a whole bunch of connector pieces. (Hint: You've got to have at least 20 pieces to build anything of worthwhile play value, in my opinion. An opinion which I'm sure is shared by any kid with a tiny box of Legos.) If you really splurge and go crazy, this might put you back $25 total. Put everything in a bright orange bucket. Give it to the kid. Then BUILD BUILD BUILD, babies!

Oh, and next Christmas/birthday/Easter/whatever? Add more pieces!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now you just need sheets or light blankets to make house and tunnels. What a great gift! Love, Mom
kristin said…
I'm sooo doing this for Christmas. Thks Pretty.
Tamary said…
I know so many kids who would love this. Great idea!

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein