Bonus points if you can say osteochondroma 10 times fast
Back on May 3, Lisa's sister Lori wrote: News about Cameron. He has a surgery coming up this Friday. He’s been having pain in and around his left knee for the past several months. An X-ray showed he has an osteochondroma near his growth plate on his tibia. It’s a benign little bony lump, like a "bone spur." Unfortunately it’s right under a tendon that rubs against it, causing pain and inflammation. It cut his Lacrosse season short—poor kid only got to play a few games. The only way to "fix" it is by removing it. He goes in Friday afternoon for a same-day surgery. Could you please include him in your prayers asking for an uncomplicated surgery & quick recovery. Thank you!

Today, Lori wrote: Cameron’s surgery, itself, went fine (on Friday). However, he ate at 10pm Thursday then couldn’t eat all day Friday, the surgery was at 2pm on Friday. He woke up groggy and nauseated after the surgery. The nausea wouldn’t go away. Poor guy was throwing-up all night. I was up with him trying to get his tummy calmed down so he could keep the pain meds down -— it didn’t work. Saturday morning he was doing a little better, but by the afternoon he was back to throwing everything up. Finally, at around 8 pm he turned to me and said, "Mom, I think I need a blessing from Dad. I’m sooooooooo sick!"
I was really touched that he thought of and asked for a blessing all on his own. David gave a very nice blessing. It was comforting and Cameron was able to go to sleep and sleep through the night. Sunday he woke up feeling much better, although I wouldn’t let him eat anything but rice and bananas for awhile. :) That was our little miracle for the weekend. Cameron went to church and was interviewed by the Bishop to be ordained to the Aaronic priesthood next week. He’s growing up fast. He’s a good kid. The little kids can’t wait for him to be able to play with them again. He’s hopping along and made it through school today. That’s the update. --Lori

Today, Lori wrote: Cameron’s surgery, itself, went fine (on Friday). However, he ate at 10pm Thursday then couldn’t eat all day Friday, the surgery was at 2pm on Friday. He woke up groggy and nauseated after the surgery. The nausea wouldn’t go away. Poor guy was throwing-up all night. I was up with him trying to get his tummy calmed down so he could keep the pain meds down -— it didn’t work. Saturday morning he was doing a little better, but by the afternoon he was back to throwing everything up. Finally, at around 8 pm he turned to me and said, "Mom, I think I need a blessing from Dad. I’m sooooooooo sick!"
I was really touched that he thought of and asked for a blessing all on his own. David gave a very nice blessing. It was comforting and Cameron was able to go to sleep and sleep through the night. Sunday he woke up feeling much better, although I wouldn’t let him eat anything but rice and bananas for awhile. :) That was our little miracle for the weekend. Cameron went to church and was interviewed by the Bishop to be ordained to the Aaronic priesthood next week. He’s growing up fast. He’s a good kid. The little kids can’t wait for him to be able to play with them again. He’s hopping along and made it through school today. That’s the update. --Lori
Comments