Rhubarb and strawberry galettes

Lisa writes: I thought I didn't like rhubarb. Mind you, I'd never actually eaten rhubarb: I just assumed I hated it because my dad hates it and likes to tell stories about his near-death gagging experiences with stringy rhubarb pies. (Other of my dad's near-death food experiences: coconut, rare meat, chunks of cooked tomatoes. It's really a miracle he's lived this long in such a dangerous culinary world.) Anyway, we got bundles of rhubarb in this week and last week's farmshare and I don't like wasting food so I made these and they are fantastic and it turns out I was wrong. I don't hate rhubarb.

Comments

Harmony said…
Our favor way to eat rhubarb is in strawberry rhubarb crisp.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein