Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

Lisa writes: Home stretch! I am so confident that this project will be DONE soon that I went ahead and sent out invitations to all our neighbors for our annual block party (May 22, 5-8 p.m. You should come!) Would a person with a non-functioning bathroom do that? I think not.

All that's left is this here vent cover...
And the bathroom mirror.
The countertop, she is lovely, non? As is the unusually high faucet. All the better for Tom to stick his head under as part of his daily ablutions. Please note the one-handed toilet paper holder, and the tiling on the side of the vanity. Yes, Earl tiled the side of the vanity to match the walls. This is because Earl is (a) a perfectionist, (b) cwazy, or (c) Earl has too large a gun collection for me to comment.
Light fixture. The hole in the wall is the previous location of the old light. Everything in this bathroom is high and tall: high vanity, extra thick counter top, extra tall shower doors, extra high mounted light fixture. The overall effect is like when you're in the first room of The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland and the pictures start stretching. (I love that room.)

These are called "hotel racks." I am a big fan of never running out of clean towels.
His and Hers hooks.
It looks like we installed a light fixture in the shower, doesn't it? It's just a reflection. We didn't. Earl wouldn't let us.

Comments

Cunningham Blog said…
she is lovely!
Lois said…
Beautiful, every inch of it.
Is the counter top Corian?
Jared-n-Krystal said…
We LOVE it!! You guys did a wonderful job with the bathroom. Very tasteful! Jared and Krystal give it 2 thumbs up.

Would you do it again?! You should...to your other bathroom. Aren't you excited for the next project :)
Lisa said…
Alicia: Thank you!

Lois: Yes, Corian. Earl tried to talk us into sandwiching a strip of black or RED in the middle of it (so it would show around the edges and inside the bowl). Please see Option B above for an explanation.

Krystal: Thank you. Would we do it again? I just asked Tom. He said, "Yes." I think the main think we would have done differently is get all of our decisions (or at least most of our decisions) made ahead of time so we could have had everything ordered prior to demolition. That would have cut weeks of this project.
Elias said…
soo impressed, Pretty!
Anonymous said…
Your bathroom is GREAT! I love it - so lovely and striking. You block party will be "centered" in the bathroom! Give Earl my appreciation too. Hopefully, we will be there next Apri to see it in person. Love, Mom
Jared-n-Krystal said…
i love it! it really came together great! the wall color is perfect too. really nice job guys

Jared

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein